Thanks to the release date being delayed by Square Enix, Final Fantasy XV has been given a lot of extra time for polish and new feature additions. One new addition that is being included in the Day One update for Final Fantasy XV is the Crown Update. The improvements and additions included in this update are:
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battle.
- New event scenes and scenes from KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV™ and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers.
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature.
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items.
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
It is understandable that many fans were upset by Final Fantasy XV’s delay, but it is great to see that Square Enix is still hard at work trying to make the game as enjoyable as possible. Final Fantasy XV also received a new trailer showcasing the key points of the game, its characters, and the story. There was also an announcement to fans from Game Director Hajime Tabata regarding the amount of spoilers resulting from the game being distributed early in some parts of the world. The above improvements, and any other enhancements included in the Day One update in inaccessible to players who have received early copies of the game cannot be accessed until the formal release.
Final Fantasy XV releases worldwide on November 29th.