Nintendo of America have announced through their Twitter account that the Android version of popular mobile title, Super Mario Run, is now officially available on the Google Play store. The launch predates the previously revealed release date of March 23rd.
Just like the iOS version, Super Mario Run features a free trial that includes the World Tour, Toad Rally, and Kingdom Builder modes. However, all courses beyond 1-4 require the full game, which is available as a single in-app purchase for $9.99.
The company also unveiled the 2.0 update for its iOS counterpart. Notable inclusions were new playable characters as well as more access within the free version of the title. The full list of updates is provided below:
- New playable characters added — different colored Yoshis are now available. Play Toad Rally with a Yoshi of a particular color to get more Toads of that color.
- Bowser’s Challenges are now available to play for free, and beating them will unlock course 1-4. Beating course 1-4 will open new courses in Toad Rally, while buildings players couldn’t previously get would be available in the shop.
- New buildings will be added as part of an upcoming event.
- Rally Tickets are easier to obtain in the Bonus Game House.
- East Mode is available at the entrance of World Tour courses.
If you are an Android user, will you be giving the game a trial run? For all you iOS users, what were your thoughts on the updates provided? Let us know in the comments below!